Blue Skies Kids Arts Camp – COVID-19 UPDATE 2021
Dear Blue Skies Kids Arts Camp enthusiasts and devoted fans;
Once again, due to the continued Covid-19 situation, Blue Skies in the Community has made the decision to cancel the Blue Skies Arts Camp held on the festival site. As the directors of the camp, we fully support this decision – the safety of everyone involved to run the camp as well as our precious campers themselves, takes priority in these uncertain times.
On a happier note – we want to keep the magic of the camp alive and will be offering a special virtual one-day event! We will confirm the date with you soon. The day will be open to all camp enthusiasts – past, present and future! Stay tuned for more information on our first ever
Blue Skies Camp Virtual event.
Jenn and Janine
For questions, email us at email@example.com
Magical, creative, collaborative, and joyful, Blue Skies Arts Camp is for children, 7 to 13 years old, who thrive in arts-based environments. Under the direction of Jenn Ayer and Janine DeVries, fifty children will participate in five days of workshops and activities which are led by experienced instructors who skillfully adapt their work to the beautiful Blue Skies Festival outdoor site. This Day Camp is located North of Sharbot Lake, ON. near the small village of Clarendon.
Camp spots fill quickly, so here are some tips to help you get prepared for completing the registration form:
- Be at your device (laptop, desktop or tablet ) ready to go before 1:00 p.m so that you can be ready at 1:00 p.m sharp to complete the form as soon as it opens!
- If you have weak or inconsistent internet connection some of our camper families have told us that they either ask a family member to complete the form or go to a café or library that offers high speed wi-fi.
- You will need the full address with postal code of the primary and secondary contact.
- You will need the home phone number, work and cell number of both contacts.
- You will need the name and phone number of an Emergency contact person.
- Have your campers Health Card ready – must be entered correctly with version code or the form will be rejected.
- Doctors name and phone number- for camper.
- You will be asked which bus pick up and drop off is required – in other words will your camper be picked up in the Town of Sharbot Lake or at the Provincial Park.
- In advance, review the workshops on the website that are being offered this year with your camper so that they can make their choices and rank them. (list of workshops)
The Bursary Program is offered through the schools and applications must be approved in advance of registration.
DONATIONS: The schools in the Blue Skies Music Festival geographical area are invited to nominate students they believe would benefit from attending camp through our Bursary Programme. If you would like to support a child by donating to the Bursary Programme please contact Susan Walker firstname.lastname@example.org Charitable donation receipts for income tax purposes are issued.
Accessibility and Blue Skies Kids Arts Camp
We want as many children as possible to experience the magic of Blue Skies Kids Arts Camp. We ask that parents and guardians take into account the physical geography of the camp site. Camp takes place on a very rugged piece of Ontario wilderness. The ground is hilly and uneven and the facilities are rustic. Both water and electricity are seriously limited (outhouses, no hot water and no electricity for personal use).
If your child has special needs, please contact Jenn and Janine (email@example.com) for further information.